Tuesday, February 25, 2014

NEW ME?

This is the ship's interpretation of a Full English Breakfast ... which I love so I closed my eyes and ordered it daily, until the third morning when I surrendered. Needless to say the 3 meals a day are sacrosanct on cruises and if one is not mindful, a problem almost everyone faces on board, one can get into real trouble from over eating.


Then I did a few things which surprised myself these few weeks. I stopped drinking altogether (almost) no hard liquor, no wines except a sip or two. From the daily morning walks I managed to meet (again almost) my JawBone target of 10,000 steps per day. I decided to cut coffee as well, since a week ago. I indulged in salads galore at lunch and only ordered fish of the day, steamed, with steamed veggie and plain rice. Why do I do this while on a cruise ... I don't know, guilt perhaps?  Will this or rather can this last, I don't know either. I certainly plan to make it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment