Friday, October 09, 2015

CHEF ROBERT FROM BUDAPEST

A main reason for my wanting to join this 1-week escapade is the unique opportunity to stand next to our One-Man-Chef and see how he operates. Chef Robert, who hails from Budapest, has been around the circuit a few times and is ready for a 'quiet life' away from the hustle and hassle of a busy urban restaurant. He gets what he wants on the Napoleon alright .. designing the menus, shopping at each port of call, prepping, cooking, catering to individual diet preferences, cleaning, dish washing after meals, and lastly answering questions from a wannabe like me. I do not think this is his version of a 'quiet life'.

As always I have but the utmost admiration for those who make a career out of cooking and Chef Robert is one more name I add to that Hall of Fame. It is truly a heroic act to be able to prepare 21 meals for a group over 7-days, take a few days off, and then repeat the process with a new group from different countries, different cultures. different tastes and not to mention different idiosyncrasies and attitudes.

Hats off to you, Chef Robert ... thank you for teaching me, in-vitro, the hardships of a One-Chef-Kitchen and sharing your recipes and presentation which I value, fondly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment