Monday, February 21, 2011

CHAIR IN HEAVEN

It will take many pictures to explain the setting of our chalet, Squaw Valley, as it is called. I must show you this particular one though, as it is worth 'a thousand words' .... not words I wrote, but words I read. This old, classic leather chair is tucked away in a small loft accessible from my side of the bed, via a steep and small wooden staircase made from drift wood. The sky light directly overhead makes it a perfect spot for reading, be it night or day. What you see is natural lighting, and I love sitting here alone to start my mornings. Equipped with my Kindle, this is my favorite spot when there is a free moment, not that we have too many of those. The book I chose is 'My LIfe in France' by Julia Child, which is very appropriate for this visit, and on this very chair.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment