Tuesday, June 28, 2016

FULLKA 富家

When I was in my 30s .. my daughter's age now .. I used to be annoyed when eating out with my father, the walking definition of stubbornness when it comes to trying new things on the food front. "I know what I like and I know where to get them so leave me alone" he used to say.

Fast forward 30 years, in my 60s now, I find myself an almost exact copy of Dad. I keep going back to places I like, ordering the same dishes. You are right, Dad, why change?

The time honored menu of Chef Lee @ Fullka at the Butterfly Hotel is squarely in this category. We just had one of our regular 'Guys Lunch' there today and we ordered; thinly sliced mini abalone cooked in a brass pan over scallion and leek, literally for 90 seconds, one of my all-time favorites. The other was their signature, braised giant grouper in tofu gravy. I must had these at least 100 times, if not more. Here is the math .. 10 visits a year for the past 10 years. Voila!

FULLKA - 李師傅
1F Butterfly Hotel
39 Morrison Hill Road Wanchai
(852) 2834 8378

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW, That is a great big fish that you have as your cover photo. And I don't know about anyone else but I found some great depth in the post with the whole father scene. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete