Thursday, September 01, 2011

WHERE HAS ALL THE TIME GONE?

This was taken in 1952, almost 60 years or a whole generation ago, with my parents. I was not quite 3. Dad passed away 10 years ago and Mom turned 90. I just completed half of my 62nd year on earth, and became a grandfather of twins. Everytime I look back on what has passed, I get melancholy. I begin to wonder if I had lived the life I wanted and for that matter, what exactly did I (and do I) want, to which I cannot provide a satisfactory answer. If I have not lived the life I wanted, what can I do about it now as I approach the 'sunset phase' of my being .... at the speed of sound .... if the past 3 retired years were any guide. I am absolutely certain I am not the only person at my age who would ask these neither-here-nor-there questions, but I did anyway. I am lost!

My last blog was in May, after my Singapore & Johore sojourn. I was lazy, it is a bad trait I must correct, and I will, right now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment