Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WANTON NOODLES



Singapore tried, and Malaysia tried, but let us face it, they are getting nowhere. The crown is glued on Hong Kong, we win hands down, the rest of the world can eat our dust. I am told this special brand from Pontian in Malaysia is extremly successful, 'selling thousands' at home. As the Chinese proverb goes 'only a powerful dragon would cross the river' or in this case, the Singapore Straits. I kept seeing their outlets, all quite small, and that gave me no choice but to do the ultimate ... I sacrificed my diet, with your best interests at heart, of course.

Well, the verdict is, do not waste your time unless you are desperate. The noodles are, possibly, their only saving grace. They claim the noodles will never become soggy, even if you take away since this is 'gan lo' or 'dried without soup'. Yes, it offers texture but is it ever oily! The wantons are minute, they are served (1) crispy deep fried on the noodles and (2) hopelessly wet in a separate bowl of high soup .... both are not up to par, with hardly any ingredients in them. As for the 'char-sui' they really should call it something else. I hate to disappoint and I do not mean to hurt their business, but this is the kind of honesty I practise when I am on my sojourns. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment