Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MAI BEN RI

No, this is not a dish, it is the Thai rendition of 'no problem' or 'mo mun tei' or 'you'll be right' or 'no sweat' or ' manyana' ... combined. The Thais are pretty relaxed, they do not seem to be stirred too much by what goes on around them, based on my experience so far. They must have a much better grasp of the 'let-go' philosophy, that faraway goal of mine that I long to meet.

While on the subject matter I see this blind street musician every morning, by the Chong Nonsi station. I normally leave him my change. He plays Kenny-G often which may sound weird at 7am but let me tell you, daman is good. If you look and listen closely you can see images of Kenny-G crossing with Jose Feliciano. I do not know why but I patted him on the shoulder and said good morning today. I also asked if I can take a picture, to which he mumbled something in Thai, with a broad, warm smile. Like many street performers he must also have a 'story'. I do not think he was telling me that, I thought I heard 'Mai Ben Ri'!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment