Friday, October 08, 2010

GOOD MORNING BANGKOK

Today is the 5th day of school, the end of my first week at Wandee, and 25% of it is over ... just like that. I woke up at 630am as usual and am out on the street by 715am to beat the morning traffic. Today is also the first day with the sun is out at full strength and believe me, it is searing hot, even in the morning. The gray sky with a breeze from the past few days was sorely missed. By the time I got on the BTS from home I was soaked. Dried by air-conditioning on the train, I was drenched again by the 15-minute walk from Saphan Khwai station to Wandee, and it was only 8am. We had a major rainstorm after lunch but it is sunny again now, at 5pm. Quite temperamental weather here but for Bangkok folks it is totally predictable. Meet my new friend, an aging Chow, who sits diligently in front of his master's hardware store. We greet each other every morning at 745am ... I miss Kaya terribly, who I am sure misses me too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment