Friday, October 08, 2010

CATFISH SALAD

This is yet another favorite, it is really not that difficult to do, but is quite exotic to serve as an entree or salad. The catfish is grilled, deboned, meat finely meshed with a fork, then deep-fried into the flat shape of an omelette. The seasoning sauce is where the flavor lies ie fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and crushed fresh chilies. For garnish it is a sprinkle of roasted peanuts, and it is always served on a bed of lettuce, julienne cabbage, green mangoes & carrots. Delish ... as Jaime Oliver would say!

Today was another wonderful cooking day, after a whole day of napkin folding yesterday.

YAM PLA DOOK FU : Deep-Fried Catfish Salad
KAENG PHED PED YANG : Red Curry with Roast Duck
PAD PRIEW WAN MOO : Stir-Fried Sweel & Sour Gravy with Pork
SA-KOO PIAG MA-PRAOW-ON : Coconut Sago Grain with Black Bean Coconut Milk
KAOW-NIEW MOON SANG-KA-YA : Steamed Sticky Rice with Thai Custard

Speaking of desserts - 'Ka Nom' - I now have a different level of respect for the way they are prepared. Some of the desserts are more laborious than the main courses, more stringent, and more refined. I will go into it in a different blog.

With the weekend starting it should be play time, but I wish I can return tomorrow, for more coaching. I am just insatiable! That said I am having dinner tonight at the ritzy part of town ie Suhkumvit, with a childhood buddy of Jessica, and her boyfriend. I am worried because the Seafood Bar, a fancy joint, may not let me in, with my kitchen attire. Well ....

Tomorrow I will walk over to the pier by Saphan Taksin Station (no Red Shirts there despite the name, no worries) and find ways to explore the Choapaya River. Life does not get any better, I know, I am truly blessed and exceedingly grateful I am able to do all this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment