Saturday, June 26, 2010

DIVORCE PLANNER

Reuters Tokyo reported the start-up of a brand new business - 'Divorce Planning'. For Yen 55,000 or US$606 a couple can book a divorce ceremony and invite friends and relatives, no different from a wedding. 'Using a gavel with a frog's head, which symbolizes change in Japan, they will smash their wedding rings signifying the end of their partnership'. How does it feel? The husband; .... 'when we smashed the ring together my heart and soul felt renewed, now I can have a new life and start all over again'. The wife; .... 'the moment I saw the smashed ring I said to myself, yes, that feels so good'!

Hiroki Terai, Founder of this service, is positive about the future of his product. According to statistics the 'total market' ie divorces, of this once taboo practice in 2008 was 251,000 and 'it is growing'. Time are a-changing, I guess, with Japan trend setting again. Big question, what is appropriate to bring to the party?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment