Sunday, December 27, 2009

GROWN-UP CHILDREN

We use this expression often but what exactly does it mean? Are they grown-ups, are they still children, or are they somewhere in between? The fact is; as long as we are still alive as parents, they will always be children. I get to realize this now, more than ever before. I may be 60 but my mother, at 88, is still telling me what to do. I might be getting on a bit, but a child nonetheless in her eyes. This picture I took at the Kids Club of the resort is priceless. The fact they let their hair down, to become kids again even for a brief moment, is worth a lot to me. Always a sentimentalist, being able to capture their childhood behavior warms my heart. They grow up too fast, much too fast and I miss those years when they were children, when Daddy was front-and-center. Where has all that time gone?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment