Sunday, December 27, 2009

DORA LOOKING SO GOOD .... 27 YEARS LATER

I just want to blog this picture of Dora, my better half for 27 years and my good friend for 30, in one of her (rare) super relaxed moods. I love this photo, because she looks close to perfect in it. We had our shares of disagreements, arguments, fights, even bad ones but we survived. Dora is a key pillar of the FAM, even more so now as the one who brings home the bread. My role is relegated to the kitchen - one day I may even bake bread - which to me is like winning the lottery. As many of you who know us throughout my 3 careers ie healthcare, MNC and recruiting Dora epitomizes the best of a "Supportive Spouse". I could not have finished my 35 year work-life without her by my side, certainly over some challenging times in each career, including one as my colleague when we were at J&J together in the early 1980s. Our girls may make all kinds of faces now but they know, deep in the recesses of their hearts, that Mom taught them the basics of most of what they know today.

We were swimming in the lagoon yesterday and I over heard Dora asking Jess who, like her sisters, is a good swimmer. Jess was on the Diving Team at Deerfield Academy. "Do you remember I taught you how to swim, when you were barely a year old?" I think she does, Dora, in fact they all do and one day they will step forward to thank you. Before that happens, let me do the honors right now, on this blog. "Thank You" for all your have done for me, for our daughters, and for our FAM ... unfailingly ... all these years. Well done, Mom!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment