Saturday, January 14, 2017

ARROZ? LOOK NO FURTHER ...

When in Spain do what the Spaniards do .. Arroz! All this time I was trying to differentiate between what they do in Valencia, in Madrid and of course in our favorite city Barcelona but let me put it this way .. it does not matter. Why? It is because each style tastes slightly different and the chef's interpretation is what makes the dish unique. 

I strongly believe I have the perfect answer in Pez Vella at the beach front W Hotel complex in Barcelona. Chef Rosanna Pando is a no-nonsense professional, you only need to peer at her super efficient open kitchen if you want proof. Our party of 10 ordered 4 of their top selling Arroz recipes, at lunch, plus simple but the freshest appetizers from the sea. They all came out with flying colors, figuratively and literally. Pez Vela defined "value-for-money" as the kind of eatery that diners would keep going back. I certainly would if I were a local, and how I wish. Skip breakfast, make yourself hungry, plan to skip dinner as well and then order a variety of their starters, salads and of course the piece de resistance .. Arroz! You will not regret it.

PEZ VELA CHIRINGUITO
www.grupo.traguluz.com/restaurante/pez-vela
Paseo del Mare Nostrum
19/21 W Hotel
08039 Barcelona 
(34) 932 21 6317

1 comment: