Sunday, April 12, 2015

QUOTABLE QUOTES

I was introduced to Jimmy Lai, the media giant so many love to hate, many moons ago when we were much younger men with ambition that are at poles. I had this quiet respect for him then, as an upstart who really pulled himself up from bootstraps. Fast forward quarter of a century, I still harbor respect today, albeit from rather a different angle.

I admire the way he writes, in Chinese. Jimmy writes for the readers which is easier said than done for most. He is fluent in delivery, he is knowledgeable in the vernacular, he is prolific and he is persuasive, just to name a few merits. We may be worlds apart in our ideology now but I do read what he writes whenever I can. I buy his books on his global dining exploits, on food culture that ties him to his humble beginnings, on culinary appreciation and how that becomes an art form. I can feel his energy between the lines, I can touch his emotions and I wonder if it has any link to his inner frustrations with the adverse environment Hong Kong is in today.  I read, and I continue to be impressed.

So much on accolade, here is the quote from this morning :

年纪大了要變的是心境而不是環境 ... 共勉共勉!

No comments:

Post a Comment