Monday, November 01, 2010

HISTORICAL PORTRAIT

Taken yesterday on Oct 31 2010 when the twins were 2 days old, at the Hong Kong Sanatorium. Jamie the big brother in front of his youthful 'Poh Poh' and his little sister Sonya in front of her bald 'Kung Kung'. Priceless!

I was nervous when Jamie was handed to me, being out of practice for almost 24 years ago when Jessica was born. The bonding was magic though, 'this is how God makes miracles', Dora said. The newly minted proud parents, Terri & Fergus, are driven by adrenalin. They must be exhausted from excitement overdose and hospital schedules but no one can tell. The twins decided to join the party early, by almost 10 days, and I missed the 'ribbon cutting ceremonies' by 1-day. I was at my finals at Wandee in Bangkok. For Terri it was like 'a walk in the park'. We spoke around 1pm when she was being prepped for the delivery room, by 5pm we were talking again and she sounded like she just did a few laps in the pool. Amazing!

Life will not be the same for everyone in the family. We all get promoted or 'kicked upstairs' starting with my 89 year old mother who is now GGM from GM ... her nickname is GM, for Grandma, but now she is GGM. Andrea & Jessica are delighted to become Aunties, while the siblings, cousins & in-laws of Dora and I will join the 'grand' generation. I am not sure if they are all ready? We are!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: