Saturday, August 15, 2009

I DID IT !!!!!

The LCB Certificates finally arrived, and here they are, one each for Cuisine & Patisserie. They represent 10-weeks of my 'finest hours' in the kitchen. Calling it an experience of a life time, my life time, is an understatement. Culinary skills aside, my best takeaway is being able to redefine who I am, and what is best for me, in my 'Wannabe-Chef' dream. TangCanCook, and will continue to have fun doing it in the years ahead but 'Tang is No Chef' at least not by stringent LCB standards.

At Ryde I have arrived at a flow-chart of : passion, talent, skills & experience. Without question I am in overdrive on the passion score but, in cooking, that cannot be translated into talent, which I score less. Skills and eventually experience come next, and those with a better mix of passion/talent will do better than those who have less. I lack the talent some of my classmates have, even though I can take on each & every one of them in passion & energy, without any doubt. I hope we will stay in touch, I wish them all the best of success, and I expect them to.

BTW I received a 'Pass' in Patisserie, but surprised myself by a 'Credit' in Cuisine. I also received 'Distinctions' in; organize, prepare & present food, working with colleagues & customers, working in a socially diverse environment, and, following health, safety & security procedures. Not exactly Michelin Stars but to me, this ultimate Wannabe-Chef, it might as well be the Nobel 'Culinary' Prize. Thank you for the 3-Cs ... cheerleading, counsel, & consolation throughout my unforgettable LCB tenure, especially from my family and closest friends. I could not have done it without you, all of you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment