Monday, December 02, 2013

FOOD FESTIVALS

If you still do not believe in the Japanese infatuation with food, all you need to do is to look for 'Food Festivals' around the city on weekends. I did not actually look for them but I ran into 4 this past weekend ... in Otemachi, Akasaka, in Shinjuku and this last one is at the Tsukiji Hongwanji complex near me. These events, organized by food companies, have only one goal in mind, promotion and sales. People seem to eat it up (forgive the pun) and truly enjoy themselves. I saw families across the generations, dating couples, young people, seniors ... all loving the fun, the festive spirit, the music, and of course the food served in the form of inexpensive 'tasting menus'. I had a sample plate of Japanese smoked meats and a couple of perfectly grilled smelts for Y250 ... a give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment