Sunday, August 22, 2010

EMPTY NEST

So this is it, Dora and I finally became bona fide 'Empty Nestors'. Andrea's lease was coming up for renewal, Jess was exploring the option to live on her own, a real estate investment opportunity came up and putting all the considerations under one roof we (yes .... Dora, Andrea, Jess and myself .... ) decided to buy a property in Happy Valley as co-owners. It was a timely move, I believe we already made a few dollars in value since. The best thing that comes out of this is, the girls have to contribute to the monthly mortgage as parity partners which is a much needed lesson in life that they have yet to learn.

Terri's room has become an extension of my home office - my 2nd domain next to my kitchen - while Andrea's room is now Dora's study. Looking into Jess' vacated room takes a bit of getting used to though. Regardless of how one justifies it, watching the last of the pack leave home sends intense mixed emotions as all parents who experienced it would attest.

The girls are jubilant as they can design their new pad whichever way they like which includes a swing chair, a hammock and monkey bars. It reminds me of a colleage dormitory room, albeit an up-market version.

' ... Let a caged bird out, let it fly and make it free, if it belongs to you it will always come back ....' Andrea & Jess, you are now free, but you will always have a home to come back to, and Mom I will always be here, patiently awaiting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment