Sunday, August 22, 2010

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

I remember our first CDS show Alegria in Hong Kong which must be the early 1990s. I do not know whether it was the novelty or what but that first show casted a deep inpact on me, I still play the CD regularly. When I hear that first 4 bars in the introduction it was magic, and that magical moment with Dora and the girls would pop right back again. Fast forward to 2010 we must have watched 2-3 other CDS shows but I must say the concept is slowly failing off its tracks. We were in Macau for Dora's birthday in July and watched Zaia at the Venetian. What a major big disappointment! The cast was not charismatic anymore, the content mediocre, the presentation lacklustre, the music extremely dull and midway through the show they had to stop because of technical problems. Imagine that? It is a classic example of an axiom in our competitive environment today ie 'if you do not move forward, you might as well be out ... in fact you are out'.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment