Friday, September 10, 2010

MEET OUR GRAND-CHILDREN

Dora & I will be grandparents soon, in November to be exact. Yes, I do mean "children" as Terri & Fergus will have twins, in fact a boy and a girl. The entire family is gearing up for this momentous occasion, with activities galore such as getting the baby room ready, picking names, interviewing & training nannies, and I am sure on the list somewhere, where to send them to play group, boarding school, college etc etc etc I remember reading 'The Hurried Child' (authored by John Holt I believe) in my Child Psychology class at Tufts and it is incredible how some of the observations then actually apply to us in Hong Kong, today. It is easy for me to offer off hand comments now but I can assure you Dora & I we were in that exact mode back in the 80's with our 3 princesses. Nothing changes, time in memorium, as far as this space is concerned. All being told .... what a wonderful milestone in our lives, what a joy to have the twins joining us, what excitement! Can one ask for more in life, I doubt it, and we cannot wait. GO TERRI!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment