Friday, March 05, 2010

QUOTABLE QUOTE

I normally do not watch a lot of made-in-Hong Kong romance films. If there is a choice I would tune to Cantonese speaking action films about the triad, cops vs robbers, or black vs white ie movies that gave Hong Kong its name in the industry. Moving into the service apartment has changed that a bit. Dora and I now shared a small communal space, at the center is a flat screen TV to keep us company. The following line came from a drama this evening.

Two men, competing for the affection of the same women, were at the bar. One told the other, " ... you know, the difference between you and me is .... I AM WHAT I AM, BUT YOU, YOU JUST WANT TO BE ME!"

How do script-writers come up with lines like this, don't you just love Cantonese soap?

No comments:

Post a Comment