Sunday, May 12, 2013

THE RACING CLUB - NEW NOODLE BAR

Chef Cham Leong was one of my first Mentors when he was Chef de Partie at the Derby, working with Chef Donovan.  One of the most skilled, dedicated, people oriented but humble kitchen souls I have ever met.  Cham, as he was affectionately addressed and I have since become 'Brothers'.  When  he was promoted to head The Racing Club Restaurant on the 7F of the Happy Valley Racecourse I switched my allegiance, no questions asked.

Today is Mother's Day and we celebrated with 3 generations of Moms in the family, notably my Mother at 92, my better half at age XXX plus our eldest daughter at age YYY.  We dined at Cham's new playground (next to his contemporary cuisine nest which, in our book, can take on any M-Star outlet) ... The New Noodle Bar.

We did the Noodle Bar version of 'Omakase' ie the 'Chef decides' and were so impressed I have to blog this in the first instance. Opened 6-months ago to replace the Sushi Bar, the team is so well trained and agile one would think they have done nothing but.  A limited menu with authentic flavors & style, the best deal is to form a party of 6-8 and order 'one of each' to sample; the soup dumplings complete with a straw, the wide  selection of ramen & noodles, the stewed lobster savory rice, the pot stickers, the range of veggie dishes and do not forget to ask for Cham's special Chinese dessert.

We will return to this secret haven but I am sure it will not be for long.  Do note Full Members can only use The Racing Club on non-racing days.      

1 comment:

  1. Great watching the HANDMADE noodles being stringed apart before it reaches the table! The XXL xiao long bao with tom yum koong soup also very special...sipping from the middle with a straw.

    ReplyDelete