Thursday, May 02, 2013

PECK

I am told that every foodie should make the pilgrimage to this sacred spot in Milan, a stone throw away from the Duomo. We did, but I am afraid the only thing that impressed us was the price tag, on almost all things. We were lucky that the Euro was low (under HK$10) but still we wonder how people can afford to shop there regularly. Perhaps that is why the place was not at all busy.  I picked a luxury item, a plain vanilla lobster salad ... yes, chunks of tail and whole claws in a mayo-like dressing with tiny dots of black truffle ... at E200 or HK$2,000 a kilo. Hello?  I am a low-brow when it comes to wines, and I know zilch about Italian wines so the cellar was a quick walk through. We then had tea upstairs ... 1 Espresso, 1 Tea with Lemon, 1 Torte, 1 Pastry for E30 ... thank you very much.

Peck is of course much better than CitySuper but it is a far cry from the Food Hall @ Harrods in London!  

No comments:

Post a Comment