Saturday, March 17, 2012

I TURNED 63 TODAY

Incredible as it may sound, at least to me, I turned 63 today.  I am now at the one-third mark of the 7th decade of my minute exisitence on this Lonely Planet. Where has all that time gone?

Instead of the usual celebratory dinners and excursions prevalent over the past years I decided to focus on two women closest to me this year, much to the astonishment of the rest of the family.  Who are they ... my Mother and my Wife.  I spent the first 30 years of my life with Mom, and the balance of 33 years with Dora.  With Mom's  memory fading a bit I harbor this fear that down the road she might not remember me, let alone my birthday and for selfish reasons (if nothing else) I need to invigorate that space.  As for Dora, our journey that lasted a third of a century is solid by any standards but it is only prudent to re-count, re-aquaint and re-commit. I reckon my 63rd is as good a time as any to do this with Mom & Dora, so, here I am. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment