Sunday, March 18, 2012

CHESA @ THE PENN

Dora wanted to treat dinner at The Chesa, our favorite at the Penn.  It was just the two of us, with the expressed purpose to enjoy a trip down memory lane.  Our first dinner there, as a dating couple, was in 1981 when we had to 'save $' in order to enjoy an evening here.  Fast forward 32 years worries about costs are replaced by worries about body fat, that ultimate devil aka Body Mass Index. My excuse was ' ... it is my birthday, who wants to count at such an auspicious occasion?'   The Restaurant Manager is my vintage and our reminiscing added much more to the sentimental mood, and the still mesmerizing ambience.

I used to be critical of my late Father's habit of dining only at familiar restaurants, and ordering the same dishes over and over again. Without any question genes and heredity do run deep.  I am in exactly the same mode these days, while Dora and the girls wear the hat of proverbial critics, of me.

To me, one dines at The Chesa mainly for the following : cheese fondue, rosti, veal in cream sauce, rack of pink baby lamb, and to complete the feast ginger souffle (as shown) which I believe was created at the Penn many moons ago. It was a very satisfying way to start my 63rd year, alarming BMI notwithstanding.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment