Friday, April 08, 2011

SHAME ON ME!



This was taken at the top of the Megeve ski slopes, while Dora was doing her Shaolin moves. Sheepishly I took a cigar and walked in the opposite direction of the crowd, hoping to enjoy 'an altitude smoke'. I lit it, it was a beautiful draw and the fabulous Cohiba aroma was heaven. Then I looked over the horizon, and this majestic mountain view unfolded. Almost at the same moment there was this jolt of guilt. Why am I doing this when everything around me was so pristine? There was no one around me, no frowning, no dirty looks, no covering the nose or waving the air away ... Then I surprised myself, I took one last draw and I put it out. It seemed to be 'the right thing to do'. If you think this is repentance, please don't! The cigar smoking continued the rest of the trip. I just thought this unique moment of my conscience winning over my indulgence is worth recording, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment