Friday, January 07, 2011

'I AM WHAT I AM'

You must have read the news of the changing of the guards at the U.S. Congress where a new Speaker of the House, John Boehner from Ohio took the gavel. While bipartisan politics are a fact of life in America, and one tends to lose count of who won, who lost, who made a come back, who was corrupt, who womenized ad nauseum this new leader has a style I can readily identify with.

Aside from political acumen Boehner is best known for letting his emotions run high. One tabloid labels him 'Weeper of the House'. When Brian Williams at NBC asked how he would approach this (suggesting it may be a weakness) he replied ... 'I am emotional, in particular when it comes to issues with families, and those who serve in the military at war. I am who I am, and this is just the way it is going to be'. It is no big statement, but it shows what is in the head of this political leader, one who gives an honest answer.

I told myself almost two years ago when I crossed that magic line of 60 I want to be my most honest self as my sunset tour unfolds. Taking a page from Boehner's gospel may help me in this direction. 'I am who I am' .... need I say more?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment