Thursday, September 03, 2009

MUTHU'S FISH HEAD CURRY

We were in Singapore and had a wonderful evening with Andrea & Kalid in 'Little India'. One of my must-do on the eating front was Muthu's .... the ultimate name in Fish Head Curry. I have, over the past 25 years (at least, if not more) been a fan of this eatery, and this dish in particular. It is a family restaurant and I read from somewhere a touching story from the son ... which goes like this. 'I have been making the sauce for the curry for over 10+ years, under my father who taught me and critiqued me on the soul of the dish. He was always there, watching over me, quietly. One morning he said, I am not going in, you take care of it. I cried'. It was inspirational not only because it is food but it is what we all need if we believe in professionalism, and if we strive for perfection. This is what hard work, dedication and quality are made of.

Next time you are in Singapore try Muthu's ..... you only need to order 3 items ie fish head curry with saffron rice on a banana leaf, plus an ice cold salty lassi. Learn to eat with your hands, as it tastes so different. Trust me, Muthu's will change you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment