Thursday, September 03, 2009

CORDON BLEU PRESENTATIONS

Now that I am back friends and family are all wondering 'when will you cook that Cordon Bleu meal for us'? The first thing I must clarify is what I have learned was all about the very basics of French cuisine & patisserie ... nothing more, nothing less. What I used to cook at home, before LCB, was nothing more than just 'playing around with food' in the comforts of my own kitchen. I have since learned not to garnish more than 5% of the plate, that all items on the plate must be edible, plates must be warmed but no more than 90F etc There are rules, rules & rules across all aspects of cooking, right down to every nitty-gritty. One is expected to observe these rules, to the letter, in the traditional LCB way. 'You can be as creative as you want down the road but you must learn to fully grasp the basics' we were told, and it makes so much sense. Yes, I will cook dinner but it is likely to be less fancy as I try to gain my footing on the basics, one step at a time, in this long culinary journey I set out. The picture is a Cold Borscht with cream garnish ... a delightful summer soup I prepared for the family recently.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment