Sunday, March 22, 2015

I TURNED 66

It seems surreal but without any fanfare I am on the right side of 65. No longer can I say I am in my early 60s or even the mid 60s as I begin my march towards 70. My Form 1 class teacher at St Paul's who became my in-law 8 years ago commented wisely .. 七十而從心所欲 .. ie 'at 70 one can do what one's heart desires'. Really? I am not sure about the wait. I want to do whatever I like, right now, not 4 years hence.

What warmed my heart was this birthday card from our grand-twins Jamie & Sonya, with assistance from the parents. At 4 they are truly at a sweet age when their love for their 公公 or Gong Gong .. and Tung Tung when they were 2 .. is genuine with no agenda. It was a high point of my special day.

By the way the green pants were to celebrate St. Patrick's Day .. March 17th .. the day I was born 66 years ago in 1949 that made me an Honorary Irishman!      

No comments:

Post a Comment