Sunday, October 21, 2012

ALMIGHTY BOSPHORUS

This was taken from my room, very early in a late September morning, less than a month ago in Istanbul. You are looking at a wide bend of the mighty Bosphorus, the Istanbul Bogazi or Strait that forms part of the divide between Asia & Europe. The always busy traffic is heading up the Strait towards the Black Sea. Downstream to the right would lead  to the center of the city where the Tokapi Palace, the Ayasofya, the Blue Mosque are, and eventually joining the Mediterranean. The land mass at the top is Asia, looking across to the European side on the right.

I was house guest to a very dear college friend from Tufts. We met 44 years ago as 'Beelzebubs Brothers' the acapella group we both sang in. He became a top echelon global banker, and made Turkey home. We stayed in touch since, which our girls find hard to believe, and the rest is history. The view, not to mention the super home style hospitality, would beat any (I mean any) hotel, anywhere, hands down. It is from this vantage point near Buyukdere neighborhood, that I start my daily pilgrimage to Cookingalaturka for my Turkish meze baptism and I need to blog this, for the record.    

No comments:

Post a Comment