Tuesday, April 03, 2012

CE ELECTION

If I were asked to conduct a search for the next CE and if I presenetd a short list of the 3 finalists I would have been fired by the client for bad performance.  Why?  Candidate #1 is simply 'off spec', Chairman of the Democratic Party, be serious, he should count his blessing as an also-ran. Candidate #2 has confirmed professional and personal integrity issues of monstrous proportion and righfully, should never be on the ballot. Candidate #3 is a skilful operator who scored a distinction in burying his paper trail to the extent he could not be properly referenced, at all.

Luckily this was never a search, nor was it an election either.  It was a pantomine in which the one with the question marks all over his forehead (some may even call him the villain) actually won.  Be that as it may, at least he is presentable and he masters the art of speaking with eloquence but without commitment and that, alone, will take him to new heights in our political kindergarten.

"The King is Dead, Long Live The King" does not really apply here, in Asia's World City.

Well ... first of all The King is not dead, he is only a shamed lame duck, desperately bargain-hunting for another large flat in Shenzhen.  If I were him I would find a small castle in Scotland, reinstitute my knighthood, reprint my letterhead, follow every step of my colonial masters, the litany of ex-Governors, and never even caste a glance in Hong Kong's direction until I am forgotten.  Shenzhen just does not sound right, does it?

As for Long Live The King, our New King is not really The King, is he?  These are indeed mind boggling but challenging times for Hong Kong.            
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment