Sunday, February 12, 2012

SEMINYAK STREET FOOD

One major regret is we did not do the 'street food scene' at all on this trip, something I would have done a lot more should I be lone-rangering. Rightfully so, Dora has become quite cautious with what she eats these days, and street food is off her agenda. Andrea, being vegetarian, has limitations and Jess is more into American comfort foods like a good burger. Well, that does not give me too many options as their F&B servant. I proposed lunch at the Makasan Padang on Main Street Seminyak, a 3-items with rice for HK$10 sort of heaven-on-earth eatery, and received zero support. Worse yet, shopping took over (what else is new) and we ended up skipping lunch! I had to apologize to the old couple, who must be the owners, having told them earlier I will bring my family and introduce them to classic Indonesian Padang. It was a big loss of face, not to mention a complete waste of a unique eating opportunity as the selection was a mouth-watering gold mine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment